04 Oct What’s Cooking with Kimberley – POMEGRANATE FLANK STEAK
Welcome back to fresh start Friday, where every Friday we put out some of my favorite simple and healthy recipes. Since today’s theme is all about romance, I am going to show the ladies my go-to recipe to cook for your man. It’s my sexy pomegranate flank steak loaded with aphrodisiacs like rosemary, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds and of course the juicy steak itself! This steak centered dish is not only man’s best friend but also a way to the woman’s heart as well. It’s a win, win dish for the guys and the ladies!
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 Tbsp of salt
- 1 Tbsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Arils from 1 pomegranate, de-seeded
*TIP: Pomegranate arils are just a fancy name for seeds. It can be tricky to remove the seeds so you can buy already de-seeded, vitamin C filled arils from the store.
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 bag (3 ounces) spinach lettuce, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
Cooking Instructions (4 Servings)
- Place flank steak into a ziplock bag and to it add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, olive oil, brown sugar and balsamic. Close the ziplock bag and smoosh the marinade around in the bag to coat the steak all over.
*TIP: Remove as much air from the ziplock bag as you can so the meat can get more surface contact with the marinade with less air.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and save the juices from the ziplock bag for the sauce.
- Place the steak on a broiler pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer depending on your preference – on a high broil.
- Combine the cranberries, rosemary and remaining marinade in a small sauce pot. Cook over medium heat until cooked down and cranberries have popped.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, stir to combine and remove from heat.
- In a pan on medium heat, add pine nuts and toast until light golden brown.
*TIP: Continuously toss the pan of pine nuts so they cook evenly. You can eat them un-toasted but toasting them really brings out the flavor. (Pine nuts are also good for the sex drive as they are high in zinc 😉.)
- Slice the steak against the grain, then add on top of spinach leaves. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top. Pour the sauce over top.
Serving Up the Love – Assembling The Dish
- Add fresh spinach onto plate
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts from pan
- Add the sliced steak
- Pour pomegranate sauce atop whole dish
I hope you enjoy my pomegranate flank steak filled with love! This is a great dish to lure in your man or woman for a romantic evening.
Tune in to Doctor & The Diva weekdays to see more What’s Cooking With Kimberley and check our blog every Friday after the episode to see the full recipe!
Follow What’s Cooking With Kimberley:
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU27DafPYmI&list=PLlWb6X6p_6ogHQSXMuavXqXD60JV-IwgN
Instagram Hashtag: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/whatscookingwithkimberley/