01 Nov What’s Cooking With Kimberley – DELICIOUS DETOX SOUP
It’s an all new fresh start Friday and I have a delicious detox soup that is as healthy for you as it is simple to make!
High in protein, but also high in efficient body detoxing foods. From the white onion, to the cabbage this detox soup packs a punch of providing you just the mix of what your body needs.
Watch the full segment on our YouTube: https://youtu.be/OfzJd1IvebY
Makes: 4-6 bowls of soup
- ½ tsp Olive Oil
- ½ White onion, (cut in half, then 2 quarters)
- ½ Head Cabbage
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 2 ¼ cup Chicken Stock, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 ¼ cup Water, in pitcher
- 2 ½ handfuls Kale, pre-torn (this does not include prop kale)
- ½ tsp to 2 tsp Fresh Parsley, for garnish for each bowl
- To soup pot add olive oil and onion. Turn burner on medium heat. Shake pot or stir with spoon so onions don’t burn. Cook for 5 minutes then take pot off heat.
- Add shredded cabbage, chopped carrots, chicken stock, celery salt, black pepper, garlic powder, water, and kale.
- Put the pot back on the stove, with lid on, on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with fresh parsley on top.
I hope you enjoy my simple, tasty yet very nutritious detox soup! Tune in to Doctor & The Diva weekdays to see more What’s Cooking With Kimberley and check our blog every Friday after the episode to see the full recipe!
Follow What’s Cooking With Kimberley:
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU27DafPYmI&list=PLlWb6X6p_6ogHQSXMuavXqXD60JV-IwgN
Instagram Hashtag: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/whatscookingwithkimberley/