15 Nov What’s Cooking With Kimberley – Homemade Bone Broth
Welcome back to an all new fresh start Friday! If you like making healthy and delicious soups, then you are going to love my homemade bone broth recipe!
Bone broth dishes come with a number of health benefits from joint pain, cleans the liver, balances hormones and it gives you energy!
HOMEMADE BONE BROTH INGREDIENTS:
- 3-5 lbs of beef bones with marrow, cut in half by butcher
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 leeks, cleaned thoroughly and chopped
- 2Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Water, to fill pot
HOMEMADE BONE BROTH DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beef bones in roasting pan and in oven for 30-40minutes.
- Add all other bones ingredients to a stock pot, fill with water so everything is covered. Bring to a fast boil then reduce to a simmer for 24-48 hours. Check water level after about 8 hours and fill in more if needed. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Discard all solids and strain the remainder of the broth through a colander. Distribute broth into smaller containers that can be placed in the freezer or fridge.
- After the broth has chilled in the fridge there will be a layer of fat on top. Skim off the layer of fat and discard before you heat your broth.
I hope you enjoyed my homemade bone broth recipe! Though it takes a full 24 hours to cook for best results, this is a great homemade foundation to a soup dish and well worth the wait!
Tune in to Doctor & The Diva weekdays to see more What’s Cooking With Kimberley and check our blog every Friday after the episode to see the full recipe!
Follow What’s Cooking With Kimberley
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU27DafPYmI&list=PLlWb6X6p_6ogHQSXMuavXqXD60JV-IwgN
Instagram Hashtag: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/whatscookingwithkimberley/